You thought I was gone for good, huh? Sorry, it's been a little crazy over here what with kiddos taking up our waking (and sleeping) hours.
Speaking of them, the twins are 7 1/2 months old. Can you believe it? They're pretty cute too.
The old adage that the days are long but the years are short is very, very, very true. Time is flying over here.
The cooking continues
But that doesn't mean that I haven't been cooking. Far from it, I've definitely been hitting the Favorites category on The Resolved Cook hard. Here are some of the McCormick family go-tos that continue to be a hit and keep us fed:
- Black bean and corn burgers
- Ginger-basil stir fry
- Sesame turkey meatballs with chickpea smash
- Roast chicken
- Lightened up chicken potpie
- Turkey meatloaf & meatloaf muffins
Plus lots of omelets, quick salads, grilled chicken, flank steak, peanut butter sandwiches, yogurt with fruit, cheese and cracker plates and chili:)
I've even had time to think about making new things! While I don't have the writing bandwidth to dedicate a post to each recipe, here are a few of the notable recipes we've tried over the past few months:
- No. 318: Beer Butt Chicken - Have you made this before? It's so easy! 90 minutes after perching your bird on a can of beer it comes out succulent and full of (non-boozy) flavor. Plus you get to drink half the beer before you get started. I'm a fan.
- No. 319: Lemony Orzo Salad with Cucumber & Feta - Light, fresh and lovely. It went beautifully with grilled chicken and made excellent leftovers as a cold salad.
- No. 320: Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala - Um, amazing. And easy. And it's in your slow cooker!
- No. 321: Cocoa brownies - While the gooey texture made for some difficult handling (super hard to get these out of the pan), they were delicious.
There are others that I've quickly searched and made, but these are the standouts so far that are worth you pursuing!
More to come
We're finally getting the hang of this whole work/life/baby/free time balance thing with two wee ones. That means more cooking and a bit more writing too!
There will be more recipes headed your way in the next few weeks, even a holiday turkey.
In the meantime, wishing you a healthy and wonderful start to the New Year!
-The Resolved Cook