I can't believe we're approaching a year in between posts. Whoops!
Lots of big changes around here...career changes for both Mr. McC and I, kids growing, kids starting pre pre-K (that's a thing now...), 10-year wedding anniversary and a two week trip to Europe (all the beer, all the carbs), holidays, the usual life stuff.
And it's been a blast.
So as the kids near 4, and I think about getting back in the rhythm of posting a bit more often, here are some of the things we've been making lately!
- Healthy Apple Muffins from Cookie & Kate: So moist and delicious, and relatively healthy with the subs for sugar. James is also getting REALLY good at cracking eggs and nailed it with this receip. Proud mama.
- Black Bean & Corn Burgers from Food52: This is a family favorite and is already in our index. So good.
- Huevos Rancheros: We're trying to up the Saturday morning breakfast game a bit...and these hit the spot last weekend.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala: Another oldie but goodie in our rotation. So easy, so flavorful, and amazing over rice.
- Turkey Sausage with Peppers & Onions: This is great by itself, but I bet it'd be even better with polenta. I like to bump up the red pepper for some kick.
- Roasted Veggie Enchilada Casserole: Caroline was a bit dubious, but the rest of the family devoured this casserole. The kids loved helping with the layers too.
- Black Bean Sweet Potato Enchiladas: This filling would be amazing in quesadillas too!
- Smoked, Spice Rubbed Texas-Style Brisket by Bobby Flay: This was Christmas dinner...and it was excellent. Thanks, Mr. McC.
- Light Chicken Potpie: I love this filling as a base...then you can mix and match to suit your timeframe and needs. My family loves crust, but I prefer putting drop biscuits on top (or halved canned biscuits if you are in a rush on a weeknight). Or you could spread some jiffy cornbread mix or Bisquick mix for a thick bread layer at the top. Get creative and go crazy!
I hope this gives you a bit of dinner inspiration! Sending well wishes your way, and more posts coming soon.